No; presently Medicare will only fund Telehealth appointments with your usual GP or practice. If you live in a COVID-19 “hot spot” you may be eligible for rebates however; please use the “Contact WellFemme” button on our homepage to enquire about this.
WellFemme’s comprehensive consultations are good value for money compared to the out-of-pocket costs for many specialist visits. The fee covers services including:
- An extensive medical and lifestyle history;
- Assessment of peri/menopause related symptoms;
- Discussion of medical treatment options;
- Prescriptions if needed;
- Pathology/ radiology referrals as needed, and
- A comprehensive written report for clients to discuss with their GP.
Consultation fees are also offset by other savings in time and money:
- No travel requirement (which could be hundreds of kilometres in some cases);
- No GP appointment to obtain a referral;
- No ongoing costs for expensive, unproven treatments, and
- A specialised menopause service when and wherever you need it.