Are you a dedicated women’s health GP looking to grow your skills and shift gears in your career?
WellFemme is a Telehealth menopause clinic, providing evidence-based menopause information and treatment in collaboration with a woman’s usual General Practitioner. We are a collective of GP’s who care about menopause and perimenopause, supporting one another to continually develop our knowledge and treat patients.
How We Do What We Do…
WellFemme exists to ensure that ALL Australian women have access to evidence-based menopause and perimenopause care. We achieve this by:
- Delivering Telehealth perimenopause and menopause consultations Australia-wide,
- Recruiting and developing our team of caring and motivated menopause doctors,
- Providing high- quality, evidence-based menopause information through our website, webinars and social media channels,
- Lobbying for continued Medicare Telehealth rebates for services provided by GP-subspecialists in reproductive and sexual healthcare,
- Increasing menopause awareness and training for healthcare professionals, and
- Promoting and facilitating conversations to educate and empower women.
Our team of doctors are passionate about helping menopausal women reach their best potential. Shared experiences are empowering experiences. This happens when we embrace and discuss what’s happening to us. Normalising menopause breaks down the fear and frees women to explore the potential of their new normal. That is WellFemme’s vision: Healthy, happy women.
Drs Kent, Newman and Teagle: Working lunch, April 2021.
The Benefits of Telehealth
Telehealth allows us to reach out to women all around the country, many of whom would not be able to access expert menopausal care without it. Our patients are motivated and eager for compassionate, evidence-based menopause advice. Advantages for the practitioners who work with them include:
- Being able to work from home, or wherever you can access the internet,
- A cloud-based patient record system, so no patient data needs to be kept on your computer,
- No “bricks-and-mortar” practice costs, resulting in higher billing percentages,
- See as many or as few patients as you like, with fully flexible sessions,
- Work for yourself with centralised patient administration, marketing and media channels,
- A supportive, collaborative relationship with peers including weekly clinical discussions,
- Opportunities to get involved with GP and patient education via webinars, Blogs, etc, and
- Best of all… the chance to work with patients who truly appreciate your skills, and make an enormous difference to their health quality of life in older age.
Are We a Good Fit?
Please contact us if you:
- Are keen to help perimenopausal and menopausal women,
- Are a GP with good postgraduate experience in women’s health,
- Pride yourself on conscientious care and empathic communication,
- Are eager to learn more about menopause management and consolidate your treatment skills,
- Are willing to contribute to case management and system development discussions,
- Enjoy teaching and supporting patients and colleagues,
- Build rapport easily with patients and are comfortable participating in video consultations, and
- Want to try a new, more flexible way of working.
Other desirable attributes:
- You are a member of the Australasian Menopause Society (or at least willing to join),
- You have reasonable confidence and ability to work with computer-based systems,
- You don’t mind appearing in photographs and videos online, and/or
- You’d love to write some Blog posts, run a webinar, record a podcast… whatever you like 🙂
For more information please contact Dr Kelly Teagle: email@example.com.