So you’re ready to book your WellFemme consultation…
Here’s all the information you need:
- First read our BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- To review what’s included in our different appointment types CLICK HERE.
- Check out the profiles of our expert menopause doctors below.
- In the booking panel underneath, select the doctor you’d like to book in with from the drop-down menu labelled “Practitioner”. You can select “Next Available” if you have no particular preference.
- Select the type of appointment you’d like. Pension/ concession card holders can book a discounted long consultation ($100 off).
- Select the date and time you’d like to have your online consultation. You can change the timezone to match your locality in the top right corner of the calendar panel. If no appointments are available you can scroll through week by week. If “No appointments in next month” is showing you can click on “View Calendar” to scroll through month-by-month; days with appointments available are highlighted in lilac.
- Enter your details, and any special notes you’d like to pass onto us.
- To complete the booking you’ll be directed to pre-pay for the consultation using a credit card. A transaction fee of 1.9% plus $1 is added by our online payment vendor. If you prefer a different payment method please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For details of our cancellation and refund policy refer to the BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- You should receive a confirmation email soon after with the details of your appointment; check your spam/ junk folder if it hasn’t arrived. If you’ve booked for 20mins or longer you’ll also receive a second email on the Friday before your appointment with a link to complete an online form. The more information you provide, the easier it is for us to provide safe, targeted treatment recommendations.
- Two days before your appointment you’ll receive the Telehealth link to start your consultation. An SMS reminder will also be sent the day before your appointment. The appointment time is usually quoted in Canberra’s timezone, so please check what time it will be in your location.
- On the day/time of your appointment just click the link you received by email two days earlier. If anything goes wrong the doctor will phone you on the number you provided.
OUR MENOPAUSE EXPERTS
DR KATIE KENT: Katie is a UK trained GP but after spending 6 months in Darwin in 2003 decided to resettle in Australia with her family and moved here permanently at the beginning of 2019. She has worked for the last 14 years as a GP specialising in women’s health, sexual health and contraception. Through this Katie developed a special interest in perimenopausal medicine. She soon realised that women need to have access up to date, evidence-based advice and be able to freely discuss the symptoms they’re experiencing. Katie operates a specialist clinic at her General Practice in Woonona (near Wollongong) but loves to reach out to women who don’t have services like hers where they live… a perfect addition to the WellFemme team!
Appointments available on Monday evenings.
DR LYNDA NEWMAN: Lynda is a GP in Canberra. She specialises in the management of Complex Disease, Preventative Health and Women’s Health. She graduated from Melbourne University in 1991, completed a Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1994 and obtained her Fellow of the Royal College of General Practitioners in 1996. Dr Newman worked in emergency medicine for fourteen years and returned to general practice in 2016 . A serious illness in 2015 caused her to start reassessing her direction in life, and led her to discover a passion for menopausal medicine. Outside of medicine her interests are anything outdoors – bushwalking, cross country skiing, and gardening to name a few.
Appointments available Thursday evenings and Friday afternoons.
DR KELLY TEAGLE: Kelly is a GP in Canberra specialising in Women’s health. She graduated in Medicine from the University of Queensland in 2001 and worked in the Royal Australian Air Force as a Medical Officer until 2010. As a civilian GP she gained Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and undertook further studies in women’s medicine. At age 42 Kelly experienced an early menopause, prompting her to develop a particular interest and expertise in this field. Kelly is the Founder and Principal of WellFemme Women’s Health Services and sees patients at her Canberra practices.
NOT CURRENTLY TAKING NEW PATIENTS. Existing clients please contact email@example.com to book reviews on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.